Which U.S. cities get the most snow?
Have you ever wondered what cities actually get the most snowfall per year? This list will likely make you want to run away from any of the cities on this list. However, if you are a big fan of snow you might just want to book your next vacation to one of these winter wonderlands. Check out this list from weather.com
Big Cities with highest average snowfall
- 1. Syracuse, New York – 128 inches per year
- 2. Cleveland, Ohio – 63.8 inches per year
- 3. Denver, Colorado – 52.8 inches per year
- 4. Boston, Massachusetts – 45.1 inches per year
- 5. Chicago, Illinois – 37.7 inches per year
- 6. New York City, New York – 26.7 inches per year
Cities with population>1000 with highest average snowfall
- 1. Valdez, Alaska – 326.3 inches per year
- 2. Crested Butte, Colorado – 215.8 inches per year
- 3. Hancock, Michigan – 211.7 inches per year
- 4. Truckee, California – 202.6 inches per year
- 5. Lead, South Dakota – 201.4 inches per year
- 6. Bonnville, New York – 193.7 inches per year
Have you experienced major snow storms in any of the following cities? Share your stories below!
Check out a few of my favorite winter travel destinations!