What makes a hotel stand out above the rest? What makes your experience spectacular instead of just good? Is it outstanding service? Amazing amenities? How do you know which hotels are the best if you haven’t tested them out yourself? One option is to read real reviews from people who have tested out the property themselves – this is one of the best ways to get a true opinion. However, if you are short on time you can view this list of the 10 winners of the U.S. News and World Report’s top 10 hotels for 2013.
Hotel rankings are based on a combination of factors including: the number of awards and recognition that the hotel has received, the hotel’s class level, and the guest rating on Trip Advisor. Check out the list below! Have you vacationed at any of the winning properties? Feel free to add your own picks for the best hotels
- Amangani – Jackson, Wyoming
- Four Seasons Resort Lana’i, The Lodge at Koele – Lanai, Hawaii
- The Inn at Palmetto Bluff, An Auberge Resort – Bluffton, South Carolina
- The Setai Fifth Avenue – New York, New York
- Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort – Calistoga, California
- Four Seasons Hotel – Seattle, Washington
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka’upulehu – Big Island Hawaii
- The Inn of the Five Graces – Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Waldorf Astoria – Chicago, Illinois
- Triple Creek Ranch – Darby, Montana
Read the full Yahoo! Travel article here.